And Oil Painting Adventures


11/29/2014 6:02:33 PM

Maggie the Dog

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

Just finished this commissioned oil portrait painting for one of my collectors.  The painting is of one of her favorite dogs, Maggie. [...]

Read More

11/29/2014 6:00:06 PM

Patches the Dog

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

Just finished this commissioned oil portrait painting for one of my collectors. The painting is of one of her favorite dogs, Patches. [...]

Read More

8/18/2014 4:16:07 PM

Cow Beauty

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

"Cow Beauty"?  Yes, I find a lot of beauty and charm in cows.  They are fun to paint and I enjoy listening to cows eat grass and hearing them breathe.  They have a rhythm to eating and breathing and I find it's a very soothing sound. [...]

Read More

7/15/2014 12:51:35 PM

West Marion Cows, November

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

48x48" late autumn oil landscape painting with cows.  SOLD   I spend a lot of time in Marion, Utah photographing, sketching cows and horses, and listening to the wind with my dog at my side.  For the moment it is such a quiet peaceful beauty spot in all times of the year.  Theses pastures and wetlands of the Kamas Valley are threatened with development and a ridiculous oil pipeline.  So for as long as I can, I will enjoy this beautiful valley landscape full of streams, history, and cows and do what I can to protect it by creating paintings of it's beauty.     [...]

Read More

6/17/2013 2:25:14 PM

Horses in Spring Sage

Jan Perkins / 2 Comments

This is a commissioned oil painting I just finished of three horses in a landscape of beautiful spring sagebrush. 12x12" oil. [...]

Read More

12/20/2012 4:42:11 PM

Snow on Oakley Farmhouse

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

I watch for great scenes as I drive on my errands, its how I find a lot of my painting ideas.  And I saw this beautiful idea for a painting with the horses in the pasture in front of the old farmhouse with the gently falling snow.   I just decided that I will use this painting for my 2012 Christmas cards.   See my other new paintings here:                  May The Spirit of the Season Be with You All Happy Holidays!!             [...]

Read More

11/25/2012 4:42:10 PM

"Summer Evening" Close up of Horses

Jan Perkins / 2 Comments

My painting, "Summer Evening", is so tall, 50"x24", that I wanted to show the close up of the bottom of the painting where the horses are under the tree.   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More

11/19/2012 10:04:32 PM

November Sheep

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This is a few of a series of sheep paintings.  I love it when they have their full coats on.  This pasture of sheep shows the coming of winter with a light snow in the background.  Sheep are just delight to me and I so enjoy painting them, though I have heard that ranchers do not share my fondness.  14x19" oil.   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More

11/19/2012 10:02:59 PM

The Vertical Sheep

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This commissioned painting is part of a group.  As I mentioned previously I will do a series of paintings of these sheep in this pasture.  These two went to one of my collectors.  19x9" oil.   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More

10/4/2012 10:14:34 PM

Summer Evening

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

Just delivered this 50x24" oil painting to my client's house today! See my other new paintings here:    [...]

Read More

7/16/2012 3:24:20 PM

West Field Cows at Dusk

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This painting has sold.  I am currently working on a larger version of this painting of cows in a pasture at dusk. See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More

6/24/2012 11:54:42 PM

Midway Cows

Jan Perkins / 2 Comments

I just finished this painting in the early hours of June 23, 2012. And it sold that day along with a couple of others! Thank you Thank you! [...]

Read More

6/1/2012 3:35:16 PM

Heading Home, Two Horses in Meadow

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This painting just arrived at Montana Trails Gallery in Bozeman, Montana along with a few of my other paintings. I'm really happy with how this painting of horses turned out. Enjoy!   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More

3/27/2012 11:53:35 PM

New Paintings to Robert Kelly Gallery, Park City UT

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

  "Hoytsville Road 12x12" oil These are not great pics of my framed paintings.  I took the photos with my phone camera right before they went to the gallery.  But... you can see the paintings much better on my paintings page! "Cow and Bull Herefords II" 12x16" oil The frames were made by friend and fellow painter Rett Ashby.  He makes all my frames and gives my work extremely helpful critiques. Thanks Rett!   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More