And Oil Painting Adventures


11/29/2014 6:02:33 PM

Maggie the Dog

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

Just finished this commissioned oil portrait painting for one of my collectors.  The painting is of one of her favorite dogs, Maggie. [...]

Read More

11/29/2014 6:00:06 PM

Patches the Dog

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

Just finished this commissioned oil portrait painting for one of my collectors. The painting is of one of her favorite dogs, Patches. [...]

Read More

6/17/2013 2:25:14 PM

Horses in Spring Sage

Jan Perkins / 2 Comments

This is a commissioned oil painting I just finished of three horses in a landscape of beautiful spring sagebrush. 12x12" oil. [...]

Read More

12/28/2012 11:04:27 PM

Valley Farm in July

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This painting of three horses in a landscape with a Utah mountain in the back ground is a commissioned painting for one of my collectors. [...]

Read More

11/19/2012 10:15:15 PM

Sunset Over Woodenshoe Barns

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This is also a commissioned painting of a couple of historical barns.  They no longer exist really.  The brown barn fell down a few years ago and all that is left is a pile of old boards.  The red barn is still standing but is really leaning and won't last long.  The title of the painting is symbolic and literal.  I wish someone would have saved these barns because they have so much character and added a lot to the beauty of Woodenshoe Lane!  18x36" oil.   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More

11/19/2012 10:04:32 PM

November Sheep

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This is a few of a series of sheep paintings.  I love it when they have their full coats on.  This pasture of sheep shows the coming of winter with a light snow in the background.  Sheep are just delight to me and I so enjoy painting them, though I have heard that ranchers do not share my fondness.  14x19" oil.   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More

11/19/2012 10:02:59 PM

The Vertical Sheep

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This commissioned painting is part of a group.  As I mentioned previously I will do a series of paintings of these sheep in this pasture.  These two went to one of my collectors.  19x9" oil.   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More

10/4/2012 10:14:34 PM

Summer Evening

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

Just delivered this 50x24" oil painting to my client's house today! See my other new paintings here:    [...]

Read More

7/3/2012 12:12:33 PM

Six Paintings SOLD Last Week - Plus I received a 34x34 Commission!

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

"Yellowstone Mom" 9x12" oil by Jan Perkins SOLD "Valley Farm in July" 12x12" oil.  I was commissioned to paint a 34x34"of this painting. "October Cows 8x16" oil SOLD "Midway Cows" 8x10"  SOLD "Hoytsville Road" 12x12" oil SOLD "Fieldstone Farm with Sheep" 9x12" oil SOLD "The Robertson Place, circa 1900" SOLD I sincerely thank my collector!   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More