And Oil Painting Adventures


10/7/2015 11:19:54 AM

Sanpete County Farmhouse - Plein Air Painting - Sold

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

I'll try to get a better photo of this plein air painting of the old farmhouse.  I took the photo with my cell and had to crop a lot of the painting off to straighten my photo.  My painting won a Certificate of Merit in the Spring City, Utah plein air competition the week preceding Labor Day 2015.  The judge was Kathryn Stats!! I'm very pleased.  And thank you to the couple who purchased my painting !!   [...]

Read More

7/3/2015 10:52:32 PM

1st Place, My Painting in the Midway Plein Air Paint Out

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This is my little painting I did this morning, 7/3/15, in Midway, UT. This little farm house with the red roof has been one of my favorite scenes of Midway for years.  The photo turned out way too yellow from the lighting and the trees are darker but this is the best pic I have at the moment.  It's nice to win something once in awhile. Even better, I had a great time painting with good friends.     Sold!  Thank you to the wonderful family who bought my painting!!  It was great to meet you.   [...]

Read More

9/1/2013 10:05:12 PM

Spring City Farmhouse with Sheep

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This is another of my plein air entries in the Spring City Plein Air competition this week, the end of August 2013.  I had a wonderful time painting in this little historic town in central Utah.  The town has lots of sheep, cows, horses, chickens and old houses, amazing landscapes and views, and wonderful artists.  My kind of place! [...]

Read More