And Oil Painting Adventures


4/8/2016 11:28:08 PM

My Three Paintings Accepted into The American Academy of Equine Artists Spring Invitational 2016

Jan Perkins / 1 Comment

The American Academy of Equine Artists Spring Invitational Exhibition 2016 at The Club at Spindletop Hall, Lexington, KY Artist's Reception is on Friday April 22, 2016.  The reception is from 6 to 9pm.  Spindletop Hall is an elegant historical mansion and now private club, which is hosting the The Spring Exhibition, The Horse in Fine Art.  The exhibition is on display for two months from March 25th to June 30, 2016.  I am delighted that the exhibition is just across the street from the Kentucky Horse Park which will host the Rolex Three Day Event just a week after this exhibition [...]

Read More

1/4/2016 10:24:25 PM

The 36th Annual Cheyenne Frontier Days Western Art Show and Sale 2016 Invitational

Jan Perkins / 1 Comment

On January 1st, I was invited to show my oil paintings in The Cheyenne Frontier Days Western Art Show and Sale 2016 Invitational in Wyoming.  This is the Frontier Days art show's 36th year.  The painting exhibition is held at The Old West Museum in Cheyenne, WY. They asked me to send 3 to 5 new paintings in a mix of sizes including large paintings.  I'll do my best to send 5 new oil paintings.  I am very excited to be invited to this show! The Art Show Opening is July 21, 2016 with a preview and then reception at the Governor's Mansion. See my [...]

Read More

6/30/2015 5:34:52 PM

THE 30TH ANNUAL ART OF THE PLAINS 2015

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

I'm so excited that my painting "Horses and Cloud Shadows" was just accepted into The 30th Annual Art of the Plains 2015 national show. The show is at the Great Plains Art Museum, Lincoln Nebraska.  The opening reception is on August 7, 2015.  That is the same night as the opening reception for Oil Painters of America Western Regional Show.  Hmm, decisions...   This is my painting that got into the show. Horses and Cloud Shadows  9x18" oil ©Jan Perkins 2015 [...]

Read More

6/11/2015 11:41:14 AM

Informed Collector Review

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

"Rustic everyday scenes from the farm. There's a wholesome, back to an age of innocence quality to Perkins' work. It's easy to connect with." - Informed Collector [...]

Read More

5/16/2014 10:47:55 AM

Peaceful Day

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This little oil painting is my expression of warm fall colors and a horse in pasture on a peaceful day. [...]

Read More

6/28/2013 11:06:40 PM

Field of Dreams

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This painting of horses in a meadow field will be featured as part of the Cowboys with Heart Art Show and Auction at The Tag Ranch, Hoytsville, Utah on June 29, 2013.  "Field of Dreams" 18x38" oil by Jan Perkins [...]

Read More

6/17/2013 2:25:14 PM

Horses in Spring Sage

Jan Perkins / 2 Comments

This is a commissioned oil painting I just finished of three horses in a landscape of beautiful spring sagebrush. 12x12" oil. [...]

Read More

1/31/2013 1:57:24 PM

Horses at Dusk

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This new January painting of Summer Horses at Dusk, is a larger version of the "close-up" of Summer Horses previously posted - if that makes sense!  They are two different paintings, oneis a close up of a large vertical painting. [...]

Read More

12/28/2012 11:04:27 PM

Valley Farm in July

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This painting of three horses in a landscape with a Utah mountain in the back ground is a commissioned painting for one of my collectors. [...]

Read More

12/20/2012 4:42:11 PM

Snow on Oakley Farmhouse

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

I watch for great scenes as I drive on my errands, its how I find a lot of my painting ideas.  And I saw this beautiful idea for a painting with the horses in the pasture in front of the old farmhouse with the gently falling snow.   I just decided that I will use this painting for my 2012 Christmas cards.   See my other new paintings here:                  May The Spirit of the Season Be with You All Happy Holidays!!             [...]

Read More

11/25/2012 4:42:10 PM

"Summer Evening" Close up of Horses

Jan Perkins / 2 Comments

My painting, "Summer Evening", is so tall, 50"x24", that I wanted to show the close up of the bottom of the painting where the horses are under the tree.   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More

10/4/2012 10:14:34 PM

Summer Evening

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

Just delivered this 50x24" oil painting to my client's house today! See my other new paintings here:    [...]

Read More

7/3/2012 12:12:33 PM

Six Paintings SOLD Last Week - Plus I received a 34x34 Commission!

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

"Yellowstone Mom" 9x12" oil by Jan Perkins SOLD "Valley Farm in July" 12x12" oil.  I was commissioned to paint a 34x34"of this painting. "October Cows 8x16" oil SOLD "Midway Cows" 8x10"  SOLD "Hoytsville Road" 12x12" oil SOLD "Fieldstone Farm with Sheep" 9x12" oil SOLD "The Robertson Place, circa 1900" SOLD I sincerely thank my collector!   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More

6/1/2012 3:35:16 PM

Heading Home, Two Horses in Meadow

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This painting just arrived at Montana Trails Gallery in Bozeman, Montana along with a few of my other paintings. I'm really happy with how this painting of horses turned out. Enjoy!   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More