And Oil Painting Adventures


4/8/2016 11:28:08 PM

My Three Paintings Accepted into The American Academy of Equine Artists Spring Invitational 2016

Jan Perkins / 1 Comment

The American Academy of Equine Artists Spring Invitational Exhibition 2016 at The Club at Spindletop Hall, Lexington, KY Artist's Reception is on Friday April 22, 2016.  The reception is from 6 to 9pm.  Spindletop Hall is an elegant historical mansion and now private club, which is hosting the The Spring Exhibition, The Horse in Fine Art.  The exhibition is on display for two months from March 25th to June 30, 2016.  I am delighted that the exhibition is just across the street from the Kentucky Horse Park which will host the Rolex Three Day Event just a week after this exhibition [...]

Read More

4/8/2016 11:11:10 PM

My Painting is Accepted into the Springville Museum of Art Spring Salon 2016

Jan Perkins / 1 Comment

This is a plein air painting of an old farmhouse painted in Francis, Utah last fall. I was out painting with my friend, David Dean. The painting is 7x12" with a Rett Ashby frame. Thank you Springville Museum of Art! The house, the scene, reminded me of my grandmother's house and all the great memories I have of my time visiting with my grandparents. I can still smell those cinnamon rolls! [...]

Read More

1/4/2016 10:24:25 PM

The 36th Annual Cheyenne Frontier Days Western Art Show and Sale 2016 Invitational

Jan Perkins / 1 Comment

On January 1st, I was invited to show my oil paintings in The Cheyenne Frontier Days Western Art Show and Sale 2016 Invitational in Wyoming.  This is the Frontier Days art show's 36th year.  The painting exhibition is held at The Old West Museum in Cheyenne, WY. They asked me to send 3 to 5 new paintings in a mix of sizes including large paintings.  I'll do my best to send 5 new oil paintings.  I am very excited to be invited to this show! The Art Show Opening is July 21, 2016 with a preview and then reception at the Governor's Mansion. See my [...]

Read More

9/26/2015 1:56:52 PM

I Am Delighted that My Painting is Accepted into a National Juried Show!

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

My original oil painting, "Cows in Sunlight", was just accepted into The 46th Annual Mountain Oyster Club Contemporary Art Show and Sale!  The Show is in Tucson, AZ November 21-22, 2015.  I am just delighted to have my work in the show!!  Here's a link to the show's website.  The 2015 paintings should be posted soon and are available for purchase.  Mountain Oyster Club, Tucson, AZ [...]

Read More