And Oil Painting Adventures


10/31/2014 11:08:04 PM

Park City Winter - Park City Barn

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

In joining both the past and the present views of the old historic Park City McPolin barn and the ski resorts in the back ground, my intention was to bring the beauty of both the past and the present together in an landscape oil painting depicting the late afternoon sun as it shines on both.  This oil painting is 30x40" plus frame.  $5800 [...]

Read More

7/15/2014 12:51:35 PM

West Marion Cows, November

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

48x48" late autumn oil landscape painting with cows.  SOLD   I spend a lot of time in Marion, Utah photographing, sketching cows and horses, and listening to the wind with my dog at my side.  For the moment it is such a quiet peaceful beauty spot in all times of the year.  Theses pastures and wetlands of the Kamas Valley are threatened with development and a ridiculous oil pipeline.  So for as long as I can, I will enjoy this beautiful valley landscape full of streams, history, and cows and do what I can to protect it by creating paintings of it's beauty.     [...]

Read More

5/23/2014 11:54:34 PM

First Snow on McPolin Barn, Park City

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

$1850 SOLD!     December 12, 2013 update:  I am finishing up a few more snowy Park City barn paintings.  If you are interested in one of my winter barn paintings please let me know on my contact page.  I only paint a limited few a year of the Park City barn so please let me know if you are interested, because they sell very quickly.  And sometimes I have one or two that are not on my website. Thank you for your interest!  Jan [...]

Read More

5/16/2014 10:47:55 AM

Peaceful Day

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This little oil painting is my expression of warm fall colors and a horse in pasture on a peaceful day. [...]

Read More

2/25/2013 12:46:18 PM

McPolin Barn #4

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This is my fourth painting in my series of the McPolin Barn in Park City, Utah.  I am challenging myself to find new ways of expressing in paint via the image of this old historical barn. [...]

Read More

2/13/2013 3:35:59 PM

Heritage, Park City McPolin Barn

Jan Perkins / 3 Comments

I'm painting a series of this Park City, Utah historical dairy barn and local landmark.  This is the 3rd painting in my series and am working on 4 more at least.  I'm really enjoying painting snowy winter scenes of this barn. SOLD [...]

Read More

1/1/2013 10:30:35 PM

Up 4th St., Park City, UT

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This painting, like several of my small paintings lately, is a study for a larger painting.  The 4th St. hill in Park City is really quite steep and a beautiful road especially just after a snow storm; because you can see right up the road past the old historic houses and up to the ski runs and pine trees. [...]

Read More

1/1/2013 10:29:05 PM

Winter on the Farm

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This barn, the McPolin Barn, is a famous land mark in Park City, UT.  In this painting I wanted to create a scene that could be an old barn in winter time anywhere in the rural US and could be contemporary or 100 years ago.   [...]

Read More

12/28/2012 11:04:27 PM

Valley Farm in July

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This painting of three horses in a landscape with a Utah mountain in the back ground is a commissioned painting for one of my collectors. [...]

Read More

7/3/2012 12:12:33 PM

Six Paintings SOLD Last Week - Plus I received a 34x34 Commission!

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

"Yellowstone Mom" 9x12" oil by Jan Perkins SOLD "Valley Farm in July" 12x12" oil.  I was commissioned to paint a 34x34"of this painting. "October Cows 8x16" oil SOLD "Midway Cows" 8x10"  SOLD "Hoytsville Road" 12x12" oil SOLD "Fieldstone Farm with Sheep" 9x12" oil SOLD "The Robertson Place, circa 1900" SOLD I sincerely thank my collector!   See my other new paintings here:  [...]

Read More