And Oil Painting Adventures


4/8/2016 11:28:08 PM

My Three Paintings Accepted into The American Academy of Equine Artists Spring Invitational 2016

Jan Perkins / 1 Comment

The American Academy of Equine Artists Spring Invitational Exhibition 2016 at The Club at Spindletop Hall, Lexington, KY Artist's Reception is on Friday April 22, 2016.  The reception is from 6 to 9pm.  Spindletop Hall is an elegant historical mansion and now private club, which is hosting the The Spring Exhibition, The Horse in Fine Art.  The exhibition is on display for two months from March 25th to June 30, 2016.  I am delighted that the exhibition is just across the street from the Kentucky Horse Park which will host the Rolex Three Day Event just a week after this exhibition [...]

Read More

1/26/2016 7:41:20 PM

Winter Barn, Park City

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This oil painting has nice thick paint and is painted mostly with palette knife with a bit of brush work underneath in the underpainting. It came out feeling like a very happy painting of this historical dairy barn in Park City, Utah in winter with lots of snow. Here is the link to this paintings page on my website: http://janperkins.com/workszoom/1971181 [...]

Read More

10/7/2015 11:19:54 AM

Sanpete County Farmhouse - Plein Air Painting - Sold

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

I'll try to get a better photo of this plein air painting of the old farmhouse.  I took the photo with my cell and had to crop a lot of the painting off to straighten my photo.  My painting won a Certificate of Merit in the Spring City, Utah plein air competition the week preceding Labor Day 2015.  The judge was Kathryn Stats!! I'm very pleased.  And thank you to the couple who purchased my painting !!   [...]

Read More

9/26/2015 1:56:52 PM

I Am Delighted that My Painting is Accepted into a National Juried Show!

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

My original oil painting, "Cows in Sunlight", was just accepted into The 46th Annual Mountain Oyster Club Contemporary Art Show and Sale!  The Show is in Tucson, AZ November 21-22, 2015.  I am just delighted to have my work in the show!!  Here's a link to the show's website.  The 2015 paintings should be posted soon and are available for purchase.  Mountain Oyster Club, Tucson, AZ [...]

Read More

7/3/2015 10:52:32 PM

1st Place, My Painting in the Midway Plein Air Paint Out

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This is my little painting I did this morning, 7/3/15, in Midway, UT. This little farm house with the red roof has been one of my favorite scenes of Midway for years.  The photo turned out way too yellow from the lighting and the trees are darker but this is the best pic I have at the moment.  It's nice to win something once in awhile. Even better, I had a great time painting with good friends.     Sold!  Thank you to the wonderful family who bought my painting!!  It was great to meet you.   [...]

Read More

6/30/2015 5:34:52 PM

THE 30TH ANNUAL ART OF THE PLAINS 2015

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

I'm so excited that my painting "Horses and Cloud Shadows" was just accepted into The 30th Annual Art of the Plains 2015 national show. The show is at the Great Plains Art Museum, Lincoln Nebraska.  The opening reception is on August 7, 2015.  That is the same night as the opening reception for Oil Painters of America Western Regional Show.  Hmm, decisions...   This is my painting that got into the show. Horses and Cloud Shadows  9x18" oil ©Jan Perkins 2015 [...]

Read More