And Oil Painting Adventures


1/26/2016 7:41:20 PM

Winter Barn, Park City

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This oil painting has nice thick paint and is painted mostly with palette knife with a bit of brush work underneath in the underpainting. It came out feeling like a very happy painting of this historical dairy barn in Park City, Utah in winter with lots of snow. Here is the link to this paintings page on my website: http://janperkins.com/workszoom/1971181 [...]

Read More

10/31/2014 11:08:04 PM

Park City Winter - Park City Barn

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

In joining both the past and the present views of the old historic Park City McPolin barn and the ski resorts in the back ground, my intention was to bring the beauty of both the past and the present together in an landscape oil painting depicting the late afternoon sun as it shines on both.  This oil painting is 30x40" plus frame.  $5800 [...]

Read More

5/23/2014 11:54:34 PM

First Snow on McPolin Barn, Park City

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

$1850 SOLD!     December 12, 2013 update:  I am finishing up a few more snowy Park City barn paintings.  If you are interested in one of my winter barn paintings please let me know on my contact page.  I only paint a limited few a year of the Park City barn so please let me know if you are interested, because they sell very quickly.  And sometimes I have one or two that are not on my website. Thank you for your interest!  Jan [...]

Read More

2/25/2013 12:46:18 PM

McPolin Barn #4

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This is my fourth painting in my series of the McPolin Barn in Park City, Utah.  I am challenging myself to find new ways of expressing in paint via the image of this old historical barn. [...]

Read More

2/13/2013 3:35:59 PM

Heritage, Park City McPolin Barn

Jan Perkins / 3 Comments

I'm painting a series of this Park City, Utah historical dairy barn and local landmark.  This is the 3rd painting in my series and am working on 4 more at least.  I'm really enjoying painting snowy winter scenes of this barn. SOLD [...]

Read More

1/11/2013 10:44:57 PM

Winter on McPolin Farm

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

Well, I think I'm doing a series of this Park City, Utah iconic barn.  I have several versions of it in my mind and this is the second of my recent paintings during January, 2013.  I am most interested, as I've mentioned before, in expressing what I feel, in expressing a mood through my paints.  I'm interested in this historical barn not necesarily to paint it because its a landmark in town, but because I find it very very beautiful. SOLD [...]

Read More

1/1/2013 10:29:05 PM

Winter on the Farm

Jan Perkins / Comment on this

This barn, the McPolin Barn, is a famous land mark in Park City, UT.  In this painting I wanted to create a scene that could be an old barn in winter time anywhere in the rural US and could be contemporary or 100 years ago.   [...]

Read More